About the Nation Police
Experienced Team, Dedicated to Serve
Working closely with state, county, and local police agencies – and celebrating 20 years of excellence – Oneida Indian Nation Police officers and employees:
• Protect Oneida Nation and Member properties;
• Protect the 4 million Oneida Nation enterprise guests, including those enjoying Turning Stone Resort and Casino;
• Protect the nearly 5,000 Oneida Nation employees.
• Established in 1993 the Oneida Indian Nation Police is an integral part of Central New York's law enforcement community.
• Since 1998 the Oneida Indian Nation Police has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA)
• Oneida Indian Nation Police is the first tribal police force to earn CALEA acreditation, and only the seventh police department in New York State to earn accreditation.
• Officers are commissioned as Deputy Special Officers with the Bureau of Indian Affairs; Office of Law Enforcement Services, U.S. Department of the Interior.
• Oneida Indian Nation Police is the third largest tribal police agency.
• Officers investigate violations of the General Crimes Act and Major Crimes Act
• Investigators conduct criminal, non-criminal, and background employment investigations for Oneida Nation enterprises.
• Winner, First Aid Agency of the Year, The National Safety Council.
• Law and Order Magazine honor, Best Dressed Department
Current Condition : Light Drizzle