Oneida Nation giving helps all aspects of CNY, Indian country
It has long been a tradition of the Oneida Nation to share our success and prosperity with our friends and neighbors. And as our enterprises have prospered, we have reached out in a spirit of friendship and sharing, just as our ancestors did before us.
“These donations are part of the ongoing efforts of the Oneida Indian Nation to help our brothers and sisters in Indian country, as well as our neighbors here locally,” stated Chuck Fougnier, chairman of the Oneida Nation Foundation. “Dozens of groups in Central New York receive help from the generosity of the Nation—from organizations benefiting children and the disadvantaged to those focusing on health-related issues and the environment.”
Some examples of Oneida Nation community partnerships:
• The Oneida Nation has presented more than $1.2 million to the Verona Fire District since an original service agreement was signed in 1993. The donations, which are presented quarterly through the year, are given to the district to help keep equipment up to date.
• In 2013 the Oneida Nation donated $1 million toward our $10 million contribution to Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of the American Indian. Learn more about our contribution here.
• Stanley Performing Arts Center received $10,000 from the Oneida Nation in 2013.
• Cooperstown Central School District received $10,000. Find out more here
• In 2013 the Oneida Nation once again supported the annual Oz-Stravaganza! in Chittenango with a donation of $5,000.
• Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research Foundation – CNY Chapter, Project Children, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and Feed Our Vets were among the many local organizations receiving donations of $1,000 or more throughout the year.
• Once again the SāvOn stores together with the Oneida Nation Foundation exceeded fund-raising goals for the Muscular Dystrophy Association's "Shamrocks Against Disability" campaign, netting $27,500 for the MDA's campaign.
Current Condition : Fair