The Nation also plans to open a fourth Maple Leaf Market on Route 31 in Bridgeport near its new Point Place Casino
Oneida Indian Nation Homelands (May 17, 2018) – Just in time for beach and boating season, May 18 will mark the Grand Opening of the Oneida Indian Nation’s third Maple Leaf Market store. Located on Route 13 in Sylvan Beach, the location was previously a SāvOn store and was transformed to reopen as Maple Leaf Market in less than three months. The Nation’s first Maple Leaf Market opened in Sherrill in November, followed by the Chittenango store in February, making this newest location the third Maple Leaf Market to open in six months. The Nation plans to continue expanding its new brand of convenience stores with its fourth Maple Leaf Market location scheduled to open Spring 2019 on Route 31 in Bridgeport, neighboring Point Place Casino.
“The response to our first two Maple Leaf Market stores has been incredible, and we are excited to bring the same fresh, made-to-order food offering to Sylvan Beach and the surrounding area,” said Ray Halbritter, Oneida Nation Representative and Nation Enterprises CEO.
Maple Leaf Market Offers Fresh, Made-to-Order Food
With a focus on providing fresh, made-to-order food and convenient grab-and-go options, all Maple Leaf Market stores will feature:
- Robust menu of fresh hot and cold sandwiches, soups, salads, pastas, freshly-cut fruits and vegetables, gourmet coffee, freshly-baked pastries and more.
- Variety of items from regional companies, which is a prominent part of the culinary experience, including:
- Utica Coffee Roasting Company: Exclusive gourmet coffee partner Utica Coffee, offering all 35 of their flavors, blends and single origin specialty coffees, guaranteed to be freshly brewed every 30 minutes
- Joe’s Jerky: jerky, maple syrup, honey and a variety of spices from Joe’s Jerky in Sherrill
- Tasswood Bakery: donuts and other sweet treats from Tasswood Bakery in Pennellville
- New York Bakery: fresh bread and rolls from Syracuse-based New York Bakery
- HP Hood: milk, cream and a variety of dairy products
Maple Leaf Market in Sylvan Beach will offer additional conveniences such as:
- Full-service gasoline at self-serve prices
- Two-bay touchless car wash
- Comprehensive loyalty program
- Special gasoline discounts
- No ATM fees
- Top-selling grocery and essential items
- Variety of imported and domestic beers and more
Maple Leaf Market Loyalty Program
With the Oneida Nation’s innovative TS Rewards Loyalty Program, guests can also earn and use points on all Maple Leaf Market purchases, as well as purchases at most Oneida Nation Enterprise businesses, including Turning Stone Casino, Yellow Brick Road Casino, the golf courses, spas, restaurants, hotels, and entertainment and nightlife venues.
About the Oneida Indian Nation
The Oneida Indian Nation is a federally recognized Indian nation in Central New York. A founding member of the Haudenosaunee Confederacy (also known as the Six Nations or Iroquois Confederacy), the Oneida Indian Nation sided with the Americans in the Revolutionary War and was thanked by Congress and President George Washington for its loyalty and assistance. Today, the Oneida Indian Nation employs more than 4,700 people, include Turning Stone Resort Casino, Yellow Brick Road Casino, Point Place Casino, the SāvOn convenience stores, Maple Leaf Markets, Tin Woodman’s Flask, RV Park, three marinas, and Four Directions Productions, a 3D animation HD cinematography studio. Proceeds from these enterprises are used to rebuild the Nation’s economic base and fund essential services, including housing, health care, and education incentives and programs, for the Oneida people.