Oneida Indian Nation Homelands (October 26, 2020) –Turning Stone will offer a new twist on Halloween this year with a fairytale maze, costume contests and creative and festive events, while also implementing new health and safety protocols that maintain its standards for a fun and safe celebration.
Turning Stone recently added more staff to a dedicated Face Mask Patrol, whose specific job is to monitor that guests and employees are wearing face coverings properly over their mouth and nose. Guests are not permitted to wear Halloween face paint, makeup, masks, wigs or costumes that cover the head or face, with the exception of a proper face covering, anywhere at the resort. No weapons of any kind are permitted on property.
“Halloween is one of our guests’ favorite weekends, and over the last five months, we have developed a blueprint for continuing to offer these events, while also ensuring our health and safety protocols are maintained,” said Oneida Nation Representative and Nation Enterprises CEO Ray Halbritter. “The positive response we have seen for these special events is a testament to how hard our team works every day to provide an experience where our guests feel safe and comfortable.”
Halloween Weekend Events:
- Once Upon a Time Halloween Maze: new this year, an interactive experience that leads guests through scenes from popular fairytales. While walking through the winding twists and turns of the maze, guests will have several photo opportunities with some of their favorite storybook characters.
- Hosted in the Turning Stone Conference Center
- Open to guests 18+ from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Oct 28th, 29th and 31st.
- Tickets range from $5 – $9, when savings are applied to packs of two and four tickets. More information HERE.
- Halloween Bingo: a special Halloween event and costume contest during the evening session. Guests will have a chance to win $20,000 in bingo prizes, with an additional $5,000 awarded for the best Halloween costumes inside the Bingo Hall.
- Upstate Tavern’s Paint-N-Stein: Guests will be able to paint a pint glass with prizes awarded for Most Creative, Most Artistic and Most Halloweeny.
- October 31, 12AM – 2AM
- Reservations are required. Tickets are $20 and include painting supplies, pint glass, draft beer, an appetizer and Halloween candy.
- Halloween Restaurant and Bar Specials: the Halloween Boozy Milkshake is back at Upstate Tavern, made with Creamy Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Crushed Oreos, Vodka, and garnished with Crushed Candy Corn Pieces, a Sweet Dark Chocolate Glazed Donut, and a Chocolate Spider. Served through Oct 31.
In addition to Halloween costume protocols, guests are also required to follow Turning Stone’s existing Safer Together protocols, which include:
- Restricting guests who are traveling from states identified as high-risk that have increased number of positive cases.
- Mandatory face coverings for all guests and employees at all times, unless eating at one of the restaurants on property.
- Where face coverings are not feasible such as in restaurants, physical distancing and 50 percent occupancy limits are enforced.
About Turning Stone Resort Casino
A renowned, award-winning destination resort in Upstate New York, the Oneida Indian Nation’s Turning Stone Resort Casino features world-class amenities including four hotels, two luxurious spas, five golf courses, more than 20 dining options, a 125,000 square foot Las Vegas-style gaming floor, a cabaret style Showroom, a 5,000 seat arena, and several nightlife venues. Conveniently located 30 miles east of Syracuse at NYS Thruway exit 33, Turning Stone was named “Best Countryside Hotel/Lodge” in 2019 by Condé Nast Johansens, and the #1 Best Gaming Resort in New York by Casino Player Magazine in 2020. Turning Stone has also earned the prestigious Forbes Four Star Award for The Lodge, Wildflowers restaurant and Skʌ:nʌ́: spa, Forbes Recommended Ratings for TS Steakhouse and, for more than a decade, the AAA Four Diamond Award for The Lodge, The Tower Hotel, and Wildflowers restaurant.
For more information and reservations, call (315) 361-7711 or (800) 771-7711. Visit the web site www.turningstone.com.