Beginning Monday, March 15, the Oneida Indian Nation Recreation Department will provide the Nation Community with a quiet study area for students in grades 1-5 to focus on their virtual school work. This is a terrific opportunity to enhance virtual learning for students during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Virtual Study Time will be open from 9:30 am to 11:30 am Monday through Friday and is available for Nation Members, Children of Enrolled Oneidas and Health Services Clients only. Spaces are limited, call the Rec Center at (315) 829-8484 to make an appointment or for more information.
- Parents have to accompany student(s) into the building.
- Parents and students must be screened, which includes temperature checks.
- Times are by appointment only, no drop-offs.
- Appointments will be available in 15-minute increments starting at 9:30am with a maximum of two students per appointment.
- Appointments will be for one hour (i.e. 9:30-10:30, 9:45-10:45, 10-11am, etc.) so only 10 spots are available.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- All students must be picked up promptly after their appointment.
- Time is for studying and completion of school work only.
- Students must remain in their designated study area. Gym time will not be offered.
- Students must hand sanitize any time leaving their designated study area including bathroom breaks.
- All personal belongings must stay with the student. Locker use will not be available.
(Please call the Rec Center if you cannot make an appointment so others can get on the schedule.)