The Lake House will feature 100 slot machines, indoor and outdoor lakefront dining options, three bars, an expansive patio, an outdoor area for live entertainment, and an impressive 50 foot tall lighthouse. The Lake House will follow the same Safer Together protocols as all Oneida Indian Nation properties, including mandatory face coverings wherever feasible, physical distancing and occupancy limits where face coverings are not feasible, daily screening of all employees, and enhanced cleaning protocols.
Oneida Indian Nation (July 9, 2020) – The Oneida Indian Nation announced today the grand opening of The Lake House at Sylvan Beach, a new dining and entertainment venue, will be on Monday, July 27, 2020.
Located on Park Ave in Sylvan Beach, The Lake House will feature 100 slot machines, indoor and outdoor lakefront dining options, three bars, an expansive patio and an outdoor area for live entertainment. With a contemporary rustic design, The Lake House will also feature a 50 foot tall lighthouse, a beautiful addition to the Sylvan Beach shoreline. Guests must be 18 years old or older to enter the property.
“As we navigate and recover responsibly from the current pandemic, we are continuing to plan for the long-term economic development of our region,” said Oneida Indian Nation Representative and Nation Enterprises CEO Ray Halbritter. “The addition of The Lake House to our expanding roster of world-class properties is the latest example of our commitment to create new jobs and make Central New York a year-round tourist destination for years to come.”
The construction of The Lake House created more than 150 jobs. Once open, The Lake House will create 60 new jobs.
The Lake House will follow the same Safer Together protocols as all Oneida Indian Nation properties. Key protocols include:
- Mandatory face coverings for employees, guests and vendors wherever feasible.
- When face coverings for guests are not feasible, physical distancing and limited occupancy will be enforced.
- Gloves required for all employees who are working in direct contact with guests.
- Daily non-invasive contactless temperature checks for all employees and brief survey questions to identify potential exposure to coronavirus.
- Enhanced cleaning measures include new technology that alerts guests with an on-screen notification of the exact time the slot machine was last sanitized; HVAC air changeover levels will be maintained at significantly greater capacity, and will exceed those required by the standard commercial code; touchless hand sanitizer dispensers placed at every guest entry point and throughout the property.
Additional details about The Lake House’s July 27th grand opening will be shared shortly.
About the Oneida Indian Nation
The Oneida Indian Nation is a federally recognized Indian nation in Central New York. A founding member of the Haudenosaunee Confederacy (also known as the Six Nations or Iroquois Confederacy), the Oneida Indian Nation sided with the Americans in the Revolutionary War and was thanked by Congress and President George Washington for its loyalty and assistance. Today, the Oneida Indian Nation consists of about 1,000 enrolled Members, most of them living in Central New York. Oneida Nation Enterprises, which employs more than 4,750 people, include Turning Stone Resort Casino, YBR Casino & Sports Book, Point Place Casino, Maple Leaf Markets, SāvOn Convenience stores, RV Park and three marinas. Proceeds from these enterprises are used to rebuild the Nation’s economic base and provide essential services, including housing, health care, and education incentives and programs, to its Members.