(Updated August 2023)
*Only enrolled Members of Oneida Indian Nation, which is located in New York, are eligible for Scholarship and Incentive Awards through this Program.
To be completed and uploaded to online application.
- Nation Education Assistance Request (EAR) Form
- Student Authorization for Release of Personal Information
- Direct Deposit Form for Stipends
- Doctorate Degree Agreement Form for NEW Students (Doctoral students only)
- Doctorate Degree Agreement Form for RETURNING Students (Doctoral students only)
Required Bureau of Indian Education Higher Education Grant and NYS Indian Aid applications for applicable students below—please see eligibility requirements to see whether you need to apply.
- You will need to call your school’s Bursar’s Office in order to get your school’s Unique Entity Identifier Information. Here is how your school can access that number. Send them this pdf/link and then ask them what the number is, so you can write it on your application.
- BIE Financial Aid Needs Analysis Form
- All full-time vocational, undergraduate and graduate students are required to apply to the BIE Higher Education Grant as part of Scholarship Program.
- NYSIA New Student Form Application (for new applicants only)
- NYSIA Request Form Application (for applicants that have applied any time in the past)
- All part-time and full-time vocational/technical/trade and undergraduate students attending school in New York are required to apply to NYSIA as part of Scholarship Program.
- Graduate students can also apply by adding in “Graduate” on their application, though there is no guarantee for funding.
- Enrolled Members & Children of Enrolled Members
Administrative Assistant for the Native American Education Unit at New York State Education Department
Office: (518) 474-0537