(Updated May 2022)
*Only enrolled Members of Oneida Indian Nation, which is located in New York, are eligible for Scholarship and Incentive Awards through this Program.
To be completed and uploaded to online application.
- Nation Education Assistance Request (EAR) Form
- Student Authorization for Release of Personal Information
- Direct Deposit Form for Stipends
- Doctorate Degree Agreement Form for NEW Students (Doctoral students only)
- Doctorate Degree Agreement Form for RETURNING Students (Doctoral students only)
Required Bureau of Indian Education Higher Education Grant and NYS Indian Aid applications for applicable students below—please see eligibility requirements to see whether you need to apply.
Bureau of Indian Education Higher Education Grant
- You will need to call your school’s Bursar’s Office in order to get your school’s Unique Entity Identifier Information. Here is how your school can access that number. Send them this pdf/link and then ask them what the number is, so you can write it on your application.
- All full-time vocational, undergraduate and graduate students are required to apply to the BIE Higher Education Grant as part of Scholarship Program.
- July 31, 2022 for Fall 2022 Semester
- Nov. 30, 2022 for Spring/Winter 2023 Semester
- March 15, 2023 for Summer 2023 Semester (only if BIE funding available/permits)
Brooke Ratliff (Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa)
Tribally Controlled Schools/Nashville Education Resource Center
Cell: (615) 330-2470
New York State Indian Aid
- NYSIA New Student Form Application 2021 (for new applicants only)
- NYSIA Request Form Application 2021 (for applicants that have applied any time in the past)
- All part-time and full-time vocational/technical/trade and undergraduate students attending school in New York are required to apply to NYSIA as part of Scholarship Program.
- Graduate students can also apply by adding in “Graduate” on their application, though there is no guarantee for funding.
- Enrolled Members & Children of Enrolled Members
- July 15, 2022 for Fall 2022 Semester
- January 4, 2023 for Spring 2023 Semester
Administrative Assistant for the Native American Education Unit at New York State Education Department
Office: (518) 474-0537
If you need additional information or unsure about certain processes/procedures, you can refer to this list of Helpful Contacts.