Oneida Indian Nation (June 26, 2020) – Aligning with travel advisories for New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, the Oneida Indian Nation instructs its nearly 5,000 employees to avoid travel to states with elevated rates of positive COVID-19 cases. The states are currently identified as: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah, and Texas. Any team member of Turning Stone Enterprises who returns from travel from one of these states will be required to quarantine for 14 days.
The travel advisory is the latest protocol added to the Oneida Indian Nation’s comprehensive health and safety plan. The key protocols already in place at Oneida Indian Nation properties include:
- Limit access to guests who travel from within 120 miles within New York with valid New York State issued driver’s license or non-driver ID.
- Mandatory face coverings for all employees and guests, as a condition of entry, even in administrative areas.
- Occupancy limits and physical distancing in all restaurants, lounges and smoking areas.
- All employees are required to have daily screenings, including temperature checks.
- Employees who handle commonly touched items with guests are required to wear gloves, including in all restaurants, at registration desks and on the gaming floors.
- Enhanced cleaning measures include new technology that alerts guests with an on-screen notification of the exact time the slot machine was last sanitized. The new Automated Game Sanitization system also notifies the casino cleaning staff when a guest finishes playing on a machine so the slot machine can be cleaned.
To maintain the highest air standards, HVAC air changeover levels will be maintained at significantly greater capacity, and will exceed those required by the standard commercial code.
Additional cleaning measures include more than 300 hand sanitizer dispensers placed throughout the properties, including at every guest entry point, at table games, slot machines, and every registration desk.
For more information about entertainment and hospitality offerings and new health guidelines in Phase 1 of the Oneida Indian Nation’s reopening plan, interested parties are invited to review the Oneida Indian Nation’s full safety plan Safer Together HERE.
Joel Barkin, VP of Communications
About the Oneida Indian Nation
The Oneida Indian Nation is a federally recognized Indian nation in Central New York. A founding member of the Haudenosaunee Confederacy (also known as the Six Nations or Iroquois Confederacy), the Oneida Indian Nation sided with the Americans in the Revolutionary War and was thanked by Congress and President George Washington for its loyalty and assistance. Today, the Oneida Indian Nation consists of about 1,000 enrolled Members, most of them living in Central New York. The Nation’s enterprises, which employ more than 4,750 people, include Turning Stone Resort Casino, YBR Casino & Sports Book, Point Place Casino, Maple Leaf Markets, SāvOn Convenience stores, RV Park and three marinas. Proceeds from these enterprises are used to rebuild the Nation’s economic base and provide essential services, including housing, health care, and education incentives and programs, to its Members.