Oneida Indian Nation Homelands (February 9, 2022) – The Cove at Sylvan Beach has partnered with businesses from around the region as part of its grand opening preparations for Upstate New York’s new vacation destination. Scheduled to open this summer, the lakeside vacation rental community will showcase the very best of Upstate New York. Consisting of 70 two-bedroom and three-bedroom cottages and a range of amenities, the new $35 million destination is being brought to life by the contributions of dozens of regional partners.
“We are very proud to be partnering with so many great local businesses that share our commitment to providing the very best in quality for our guests,” said Oneida Indian Nation Representative and Turning Stone Enterprises CEO Ray Halbritter. “Partnering with local businesses like Off The Muck Market, Oneida Lake Marina and River Rock Dock not only helps the local economy, it makes The Cove a truly unique Upstate New York experience.”
The Cove at Sylvan Beach regional partnerships include:
- Off The Muck Market, Canastota, NY: guests staying at The Cove will be able to order grocery delivery directly from Off The Muck, including fresh fruits and vegetables from several local farms, including Blueberry Hill Farms in Clinton, NY and Emmi Farms in Baldwinsville, NY.
- Oneida Lake Marina, Canastota, Oneida Lake: sourced all 75 pontoon boats for guests from Oneida Lake Marina, which has been named the #1 Best Tahoe Pontoon Dealer in New York for the last 16 years. The Cove made history with the marina with its first-ever fleet and largest single purchase ever.
- River Rock Dock, Chittenango, NY: built nearly 20,000 square feet of docks and boardwalk that surround The Cove, with the boardwalk leading to an expansive 8,000 square foot deck for Sylvan Beach Supply Co., The Cove’s market café and recreational rental store.
- Leggett Tree Service, Canastota, NY: exclusive partner for all firewood provided to guests to use in their own personal fire pits. Perfect for making s’mores and cozying up by the campfire, every cottage receives a complimentary bundle of firewood at check-in, and guests can also purchase additional bundles throughout their stay at The Cove.
- Brooklyn Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY: provider of a selection of beach cruiser-style bicycles for guests to rent and explore The Cove and Sylvan Beach during their stay. Brooklyn Bicycle’s reputation for quality craftsmanship, innovative designs and commitment to community align perfectly with Turning Stone Enterprises’ own philosophy of prioritizing the same qualities.
- Utica Coffee Roasting Co., Utica, NY: a legacy partner of Turning Stone Enterprises, Utica Coffee is the exclusive gourmet coffee provider at The Cove, offering guests cups of hot and cold brews, as well as ground coffee to make during their stay. Through an exciting expansion of this longtime partnership, guests visiting The Cove from around the Northeast will now be introduced to the region’s best gourmet coffee.
“We are excited to introduce The Cove’s guests to the freshest, most delicious foods in Upstate New York,” said Carl Chappell, Founder and Owner of Off The Muck Market. “Our partnership with Turning Stone Enterprises allows us to forge new connections and share the best produce available from our region’s local farmers with visitors coming from throughout the Northeast.”
“Providing 75 Tahoe pontoon boats for The Cove was a huge milestone for us, representing the largest single purchase in our company’s history,” said Ron Renslow, Owner of Oneida Lake Marina. “Doing so in partnership with the Oneida Indian Nation and Turning Stone Enterprises, an organization that has been so committed to introducing new visitors to Oneida Lake and supporting the revitalization of Sylvan Beach, makes this milestone even more significant. We as a local business are proud to be part of this expansion within our community.”
“The Oneida Indian Nation has a reputation in Upstate New York and beyond for providing only the best in guest amenities and service,” said Don Myers, Owner of River Rock Dock. “We’re proud that our docks and boardwalk will be part of their newest property and offer unique experiences for guests at The Cove.”
The Cove will also include Sylvan Beach Supply Co., the destination’s flagship store, for guests staying at the cottages and guests visiting Sylvan Beach for the day. With a fun day on the water in mind, Sylvan Beach Supply Co. will offer daily rentals of pontoon boats, bicycles, paddle boards, kayaks, canoes and water bikes. The market-style store will also offer ice cream, grab-and-go sandwiches and other food items, groceries, beer, sundries, fishing poles, tackle and more.
Guests interested in being the first to experience Upstate New York’s newest vacation community on Oneida Lake this summer can reserve their cottages now by calling 877.667.COVE (2683). Guests who book before March 31, 2022 will receive a $250 credit for Sylvan Beach Supply Co.
Kelly Abdo, Director of Public Relations