Sunday, October 6, in partnership with the Syracuse Crunch and Utica Comets, Turning Stone will host the Hofmann Hot Dog Eating Competition between two of Central New York’s beloved hockey broadcasters, Lukas Favale of the Crunch and Joe Roberts of the Comets.
After Favale won a local meatball eating contest, Roberts publically challenged Favale to an eating contest, and Turning Stone, a centrally-located neutral venue agreed to host the friendly competition.
With the support of both teams and their mascots Audie and Crunchman, Favale and Roberts will each select a colleague for a two-person relay to see which duo can eat the most Hofmann Hot Dogs in a single three-minute round (each competitor will have 90 seconds).
The winners will receive top billing in The Lounge with Caesars Sports at Turning Stone for the entire week as Central New York’s Official Hofmann Hot Dog Eating Competition Champions.
The event is open to the public and free to attend.
- Lukas Favale, Syracuse Crunch Broadcaster
- Syracuse Crunch Representatives and Crunchman
- Joe Roberts, Utica Comets Broadcaster
- Utica Comets Representatives and Audie
- Sunday, October 6 at 12PM
- Turning Stone Resort Casino
- The Winter Garden (main entrance of the resort, near The Lounge with Caesars Sports)
- All media must contact Sophia Morris at Turning Stone to be approved for press credentials at Sophia.Morris@turningstone.com or 315.795.6988.