Upstate New York’s new destination for family vacations, The Cove at Sylvan Beach is a lakeside vacation rental destination on Oneida Lake featuring 70 contemporary and beautifully appointed cottages, each with its own pontoon boat. With memory-making top of mind, The Cove is rolling out new family-friendly events and activities this season, primed for non-stop vacation fun, including Welcome Events, Barbecue Nights, Lakeside Movie Nights, Wine & Cheese Events and more.
Oneida Indian Nation Homelands (February 1, 2023) – Turning Stone Enterprises announced today The Cove at Sylvan Beach, a premier lakeside vacation destination on Oneida Lake in Upstate New York, will open for the season on May 5th. The Cove combines everything vacationers enjoy about vacation house rentals with the world-class amenities and guest service of a hotel resort. The Cove features 70 contemporary and beautifully appointed two- and three-bedroom cottages, each with its own pontoon boat. Amenities also include in-unit washer and dryer, an outdoor heated pool, gas grill for every cottage, fire pits, full-sized kitchen, a playground and more.
At The Cove, What’s Not to Lake? From making new friends at the pool and sitting around the fire with loved ones, to exploring new adventures out on the water, The Cove is designed for making lifelong memories. With memory-making top of mind, The Cove is rolling out loads of exciting family-friendly events and activities this season that are primed for non-stop vacation fun.
- Welcome Events: Guests will meet The Cove General Manager and Team Members and mingle with other guests at weekly welcome parties on the deck.
- Barbecue Night at The Lake: Guests will enjoy a night full of delicious barbecue prepared lakeside by the Chef and Pitmaster from one of Upstate New York’s favorite barbecue restaurants Tin Rooster. Tin Rooster’s innovative techniques seamlessly merge the best of Memphis, Texas and Carolina barbecue into an experience that is uniquely Tin Rooster.
- Lakeside Sunset Movies: Throughout their vacations, guests can enjoy the timeless summer experience of watching classic family-friendly movies outside under the stars. The experience of a drive-in without the drive.
- Wine & Cheese Events: Guests will enjoy a variety of wine and cheese themed events on The Cove’s expansive deck overlooking the water, including wine tastings from The Finger Lakes, one of the country’s top wine regions, and some of New York’s finest cheeses curated by regional purveyors.
- Themed Events and Cornhole Tournaments: Themed events include obstacle courses and contests for guests’ furry four-legged family members in June, and a boat parade that lets guests cruise Oneida Lake in style with prizes for the most seaworthy looks during July. Plus, August will offer plenty of treats and some tricks when Halloween comes early to The Cove, bringing costume contests, trick-or-treating, pumpkin carving, spooky flicks and old-fashioned fun. For families looking for a little friendly competition, weekly cornhole tournaments will be hosted in the courtyard where guests will compete for bragging rights and a variety of prizes.
Guests can book vacations at The Cove with a two-day minimum from May 5 to June 9 and August 27 to October 1. Weekly rentals with a seven-day minimum are available during peak season from June 10 to August 26.
The Cove’s flagship store and café Sylvan Beach Supply Co will also open for the season on May 5th. Whether guests are staying at The Cove for a week or visiting Sylvan Beach for the day, Sylvan Beach Supply Co. offers daily water sport rentals, including pontoon boats, bicycles, paddle boards, kayaks, canoes, water bikes, and more. The café menu features sandwiches, quick bites and a variety of ice cream sundaes and milkshakes, groceries, beer, sundries, fishing poles, tackle and more. A huge attraction during its inaugural summer last year, Sylvan Beach Supply Co. is home to one of the largest candy walls in Upstate New York with a literal ton of candy (2,000 pounds) in 80 different varieties.
Guests who book a weeklong vacation at The Cove before March 12, 2023 will receive $250 credit towards watersport rentals at Sylvan Beach Supply Co. Reservations can be made online or by calling 877.667.COVE (2683).